Saturday, July 2, 2011

Santa Maria Valley Wine Tasting


   Well, our wine tasting via motorcycle plans were thwarted, when the Harley's battery was DEAD...So after a trip to Santa Maria Harley (about 1 hr 45min drive from Cuddy Valley, via the lovely 166), and a run f/the border in Buellton, we went wine tasting from the southern end of Foxen Canyon. First stop, Curtis Winery. Really great syrah & a great deal on their rosé...First photo is Curtis, second is parking area of Fess Parker.
Just could not resist the coonskin caps at Fess Parker...they had a very nice riesling wine that I actually liked, (I usually don't care for whites) & at $14/bottle is very well priced.
A lovely photo I shot in Foxen Canyon. Besides deteriorating country buildings, I like to shoot weather vanes/windmills...


Ahhhh, Foxen! A bit too pricey f/my pocketbook, but just love their wine...rosé is all I can afford, but it is one of my favorites, ever! This is the fancy tasting room...


This is the old tasting room down the road, and more my style...You can split tastings between the two locations.


This is the old church at the split in the road that will take you to Rancho Sisquoc; we skipped that winery this time, but love their selection of wine and price range.

Drat! Riverbench had JUST closed; hello! 4 p.m. closing? What is this, Utah?? Pretty view looking east, though...

Last stop: Cambria Winery. Here is the view looking west over ACRES of vineyard...oh, and the hub at the entrance. Nice winery, got a bottle of syrah...

My favorite subject to photograph...


Holy Scheise! This resevoir east of Santa Maria is FULL of water. We are used to seeing it empty! Ta ta for now!!

No comments:

Post a Comment