So why am I asking if I should stop? Only three children (inc. my son) came. I volunteer a ton in this community. I am:
- On the Pinon Pines HOA board (f/which the only thing the board receives is grief, lol) & design/write the HOA monthly newsletter
- A cub scout Bear den leader (which means planning & running the meetings/activities)
- Somehow on the board of the local Chamber of Commerce
- Going to be on the SAC for Pine Mtn. Learning Center, & of course already volunteer there
- Write my monthly "Michi's Magic Bookshelf" column (not paid)
- Host a monthly free storytime/craft to go with my column. I plan and pay for the activity (although my sweet friend just gave me a bunch of cool foam craft supplies!).
- In charge of the silent/live auction tables at the upcoming Shelter on the Hill fundraiser
I hear the local parents complain that there is nothing for kids to do, but here I am spending money I don't have, to offer a fun activity, and basically, no one shows up. I'm thinking I'll just do some special activities occasionally with the Ridge Route, and the new library when it opens, and get my Saturdays back...I have a storytime/craft scheduled in August at Mountain Mercantile, and I'll see what kind of attendance I get. I was planning to do a special event at M&M Peach Farm in September, but I'm now thinking of nixing that idea. What do you all think??