Friday, August 10, 2012

August Gardening, Food and Fun


   It's been fun becoming more in touch with mother nature, through my garden, and with my first foray into cheesemaking. The squash blossoms were amazing, stuffed with cheese, dipped in batter & fried. The chevre was used on a few pizzas, including grilled eggplant.
Okay, I know this photo is sideways. Strangely, it is not in the original file. But, I wanted you to see my first harvest of Japanese eggplant! They aren't taking off like when I grew them in L.A. (was like a weed), but they are producing. Yum.
Hmmm...apparently the same thing is happening with this lovely photo of our first ever beer can chicken. Just tilt your head to the left. Wow! It was amazing. We had that with fresh grilled eggplant from my garden marinated in citrus Pasolivo olive oil & salad.
   Here is one of many new baby pumpkins in my garden...
   Thank goodness, because look at what some mangy varmint did to the biggest pumpkin!
   Rats! Again with the sideways. Turn your head to the left again to see the biggest spaghetti squash growing thus far...
   Remember the 'surprise' pumpkin? That dark green ball is it, and it has grown. A few gnaw marks...
   Here is another spaghetti squash, and a large pumpkin just beginning to turn orange at the top...
   This was the first pumpkin I found, & it is pretty much the same size. Just beginning to show hints of orange, it is apparently going to be a mini-pumpkin!

No comments:

Post a Comment