Thursday, August 23, 2012

Delicious, Easy Cookie Recipe!


I am finally posting that recipe for the wonderful nutella cookies I have made twice now. Try it out; this is a super-easy recipe, and one of the most delicious cookie recipes I have ever made. They come out soft, chewy and very chocolatey. I found it on recipe goldmine. I changed it, though. I used a stick of butter, instead of shortening, and I substituted almonds for hazelnuts, which I think made it better. I think with hazelnuts, it would taste too much like a ferraro rocher candy.
Chewy Nutella Crinkles
3 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (11 ounce) jar Nutella
1/4 cup shortening
1 1/3 cups granulated sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/3 cup milk
1/2 cup chopped, toasted hazelnuts
2 cups finely chopped hazelnuts, divided
Sifted confectioners' sugar
Stir together flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl; set aside.
Combine Nutella and shortening in a large mixing bowl; beat with electric mixer on medium to high speed
until combined. Add sugar; beat on medium speed until fluffy. Add vanilla extract and eggs; beat just until
combined.
Alternately add flour mixture and milk to creamed mixture, beating on medium speed just until combined.
Use a spoon to stir in 1/2 cup chopped hazelnuts. Cover and chill for several hours or until firm.
Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Shape the dough into 1- or 1 1/2-inch balls. Roll the balls in finely chopped hazelnuts, then roll in
confectioners' sugar. Place the balls 2 inches apart on a lightly greased cookie sheet. (The cookies will
spread and crinkle as they bake.)
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until surface is cracked and cookies are set. Cool cookies on a wire rack.
Makes about 6 dozen.
   This is what happens in the morning at my house: hijinks!
   Poor Moose! Doesn't he look like Bono, though? "Hello, ladies!" That is what Bono said to me & my friend Christine when he & Aidan Quinn passed us one night, in the market in Malibu nearly 30 years ago...It's a beautiful day!
   The monkey assists me in preparing funny photos...

No comments:

Post a Comment