Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Yum = Summer Fun!

 So, while the monkey was spending the week at my fab sister's, & attending Camp Cauhilla, we had some fun grown-up time. We went to our fave hip eatery/bar, the Brimstone, in the Padre Hotel with our buds C & L.  We ordered a bunch of small plates, like the spinach/artichoke dip with naan bread, and the fried clams/shrimp/calamari seen above...
   Of course, we also had to have the truffle fries and rice paper wrapped sashimi. The mac/cheese was good, but not as good as last time (it changed to a corn/pork). We pigged out & got our drink on...fun!! When we all got back, mojitos, stargazing & great conversation...


 On July 4, we celebrated with a motorcycle ride to Reyes Creek Bar & Grill, at Camp Scheideck. Exactly as I expected, rough & tumble, with great burgers...
  This cute doggy was cooling off in the creek. She did exactly as I expected: ran up to us in the parking luot to share some mud & love...lol.
   Monkey came home last nite, & I surprised him with the news I have agreed to try raising chickens. My neighbor's gift of more delish eggs was the tipping point. I ordered a coop from Hayneedle; will post about the assembly...

2 comments:

  1. Hooray for chicken raising. We've had our girls for over two years and still love them! It sounds like you had a great week of adult time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to have to pick your brain for advice! I'm a little nervous, but cannot wait to start. We're going to have to fence them off from the dogs initially, but hoping to train the dogs to accept them, so they can free range like my neighbors' chickens.

      Delete