Wednesday, September 12, 2012

My New Work Commute

   This is what the beginning of my commute home from Maricopa will be like (taking the back route), if the school board approves me as their newest kindergarten teacher tomorrow. This is looking toward the school from the 166 west. My class will be in thea building behind the tree (much prettier in person). I live in the mountains you see behind that...


 

    I found out about a shortcut yesterday that veers to the left somewhere near here...I took it yesterday & today...



    This is JUST after I turned onto Cerro Noroeste...








   Lovely scenery along Cerro Noroeste







 Looking towards Quatal Canyon (other side of the green mountain) & south towards Ojai...




    That curve at the top is looking east at the backside of "Apache Saddle." If you see that brown horizontal line on the mountain at the right, that is the road up to Mt. Able. The monkey's school is off that road, but to the left.








Getting closer to Apache Saddle...
   ...and here is the Apache Saddle Fire Station on the right; the turnoff for the monkey's school is just ahead.
   I skipped taking photos of PMC, since I have already posted photos of that. This is just after you turn east at the "Y," to go east into Cuddy Valley.
   This is a little further down, just about at the spot where the San Andreas fault crosses the road.

   This is just a few minutes from home, and the lovely Cuddy Valley! How many people get to have such a beautiful drive home from work, and come home to this??

No comments:

Post a Comment