Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cub Scouts & Random Musings...

I know I am biased, but aren't these two of the cutest cub scouts ever?? In December, the monkey's friend from the PMC cub scout pack, chose me as his 'local hero.' He brought tears to my eyes as he explained why he chose me. He mentioned my love for children, books, the column I write, cub scouts, etc. What a sweetie...

   Hopefully, this brings me somewhat up-to-date.  I made a great dinner on the fly last night, but didn't snap pics. I always like to keep a big bag of frozen, boneless chicken in the freezer, & it sure came in handy last night.
  About six years ago, we went to a now defunct restaurant in Taos, called Momentitas de la Vida. They served a great root mash of parsnips, turnips & rutabaga. I did a version last night, with three kinds of fingerling potatoes & a rutabaga.
   For the main course, I sauteed some boneless chicken, & made a lemon cream sauce that was to die for. I let the chicken simmer in the sauce. With broccoli on the side, it was a lovely dinner. The best part was, I made a fresh kale (thanks to my friend Santa) salad. You cut off the thick veins/stems & use only the frilly parts, cut in bite-size pieces. I added chopped green apple, dried cherries, and tossed it in a balsamic vinaigrette. The salad-phobic monkey loved it!! Miracle!

No comments:

Post a Comment