Saturday, March 22, 2014

Random Update...and CAKE!

  I couldn't bring myself to blog until now. I must admit, the house is much quieter since my Henry passed. This is the Frangelico cake I made for Valentine's Day. I believe I have posted the recipe in a prior post. It's way yum...
   This is the beautiful turkey we did last month. Cinnamon is one of the ingredients in the rubthat gives it an amazing color & flavor...

   Around March 1, we had enough snow fall so the monkey could sled, but not enough to try out my snowboard! Maybe next year...
   For Dr. Seuss Day, our wonderful room mom made these 'Cat in the Hat' treats. We also made oobleck, and cat in the hat parfaits. Fun AND yum!

   The most exciting thing that happened this week, was the monkey won an 'honorable mention' in the Kern County Science Fair. His category, 'animal, behavioral & field studies' had a ton of competition, so we were very surprised and happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment