Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cooking Perfect, Crispy Bacon

   As I make Sunday breakfast for my little family, I was marveling at how many people do not know the trick to making perfect, crispy bacon. That is, if you are like me, and like your bacon crispy. Some people like it soft; I believe they are aliens...lol. ANYWAY, you double line a cookie sheet with aluminum foil, place the bacon lined up in a single layer, and bake at 250 - 300 degrees. Do NOT cook at a higher temp; if you do, it will splatter too much, and not get that lovely, even state. It takes about 20 minutes or so.
   The one drawback, is it will infuse the house and clothes with the aroma of bacon (a plus or minus, depending on who you are). I counteract this by turning on a few 'scentsies,' and lighting a candle or two in the kitchen.
   When the bacon is done, drain on paper towels, and let pan cool. When it is cool, clean-up is a snap. Just take the foil with the cooled oil out of pan and dispose. Voila! I need to take my bacon out now!!
   IMPORTANT: It will NOT be crispy when you remove it. Take it out when it is evenly brown to your satisfaction. It crisps up when the oil drains out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment