Thursday, March 29, 2012

Random Update & More Brulee!

   The other night, we had a wonderful dinner party with our wonderful neighbor friends, the 80's rock star & his lovely wife, the dog trainer/rescuer extraordinaire (I need to come up with cool nicknames). We had: real caesar salad with real anchovies, fettucine alfredo with asparagus, garlic bread AND of course, creme brulee. I made my specialty, chocolate, but for the first time, I also made lemon! I just added lemon zest and some lemon juice to the standard recipe I posted earlier this year. YUM. I really want to try to make lime next time (I love anything lime: vodka gimlets, key lime pie, key lime cheesecake, mojitos...).
The next day, I believe a year to the day of last year's massive storm, we had a decent snowfall, about 6 inches, with bigger drifts. It was enough to close school at PMLC the next day, and for the monkey and his friends to enjoy sledding.
   Speaking of the monkey, here he is with Moose, the a.m. it began to snow...
  At the end of the day, I took this shot of the daffodils the hub rescued, in a Tobin James glass. They are going to add this shot to their slide show in the tasting room. I am seeing more signs of spring, and will post them tomorrow. Don't forget to become a follower if you like this blog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment