Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Kern County Fair, Etc.

Last Friday, we went to dinner at Hotel Noriega with our friends K & T, and had a blast (Moscow Mules first, of course). And yet again, I took no photos (it's that good, I'm enjoying myself too much). We had beef stew, lamb and all the Basque fixin's. YUM. And, no kids! That K is hilarious, and kept me in stitches the whole night...
   Enroute to the fair, we saw the most amazing lightning storm (turns out it was hitting where we live, and raining).
   We saw the tail-end of the Doobie Brothers concert (not my cup of tea, but sounded great). The next night, we had an amazing birthday dinner at my friend L's house, & her hubby cooked. Wow, carnitas & these great vegetarian black bean enchiladas with chipotle sauce, as well as margaritas with fresh lime juice. AND...we went to the fall Pine Mountain wine festival on Saturday. What a great weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment