Monday, August 22, 2011

WOW, A Busy Week!




   The last few days have been very busy! Saturday was the annual Frazierstock, at the lovely Foxtail Ranch. There were sooo many people this year! We had a great time tie-dying shirts, hanging out, listening to music, eating, & enjoying some nice beverages. My spicy tuna dip was a huge hit, & some people even remembered it from two years ago...Shock: I even got the hub to dance with me for about five songs. Unbelievable; before this, I'd only been able to get him to dance with me once or twice, & just for one song...(maybe he's trying to kill me? LOL; I'll just be on the lookout f/chickenbones in my sandwiches). The monkey had even more fun than we did, going crazy on the slip/slide & blowup waterslides & just playing into the night with a bunch of his friends.
   I am super-excited to share I suddenly obtained a 100 day substitute position at the local Gorman school! I am teaching the K/1 class for a teacher on maternity leave. Still scrambling to get it together, but really enjoying the class and kids! It's a very pretty campus, and larger than I expected. The teachers and staff are very nice, and the students are a joy. No sign of Harriet the ghost, yet...

   My yard and house are somewhat neglected, but I am happy to share my compost bin that the hub made for me. I've been using the many dried sycamore leaves from the front yard, as well as yard clippings, egg shells and daily coffee grounds. Look how nice it looks already! Actually, the photo doesn't do it justice, but take my word for it, my first attempt at composting is progressing nicely. Speaking of gardening, I'll have to post photos of my first vegetable garden's growth, and the apples on my tree!
   The monkey is back at school at PMLC. Hoping the homework load is going to be a reasonable amount, so I don't have to turn into an evil witch to make sure he gets it done!
   This week, I have to plan for my Back to School night, attend the monkey's BTSN, AND I have an HOA board meeting. Yikes...On Saturday I hosted my monthly storytime and craft, which had to be moved to Chatterpillar, since the Mercantile has closed (so sad, not sure why...). We read Petite Rouge (a Cajun Red Riding Hood) & Little Red Cowboy Hat, then made cowboy hats out of newspaper. It was very fun!!
   Hub isn't feeling well, & of course they are working him like an automaton at work. Hope he feels better...

No comments:

Post a Comment