Thursday, September 12, 2013

Decadent Chocolate Bundt Cake & Fab Art!

   This photo does NOT do this cake justice! In real life, it is much darker, without the red cast. In the spring, I resurrected my mother's 'Harvey Wallbanger' cake recipe (no idea who gave it to her), which is quite tasty. So, I used it to inspire this chocolate cake, which has a nutella glaze. I'm thinking of entering it in the Albertson's cake mix tricks contest in the Kern County Fair. Since this is made with a box cake mix, that you add other ingredients to, it is perfect for the contest.
   Speaking of taking someone else's idea & running with it, look at the fantastic art projects my kinders and 1st graders created yesterday. They followed the simple steps of an art lesson I purchased on Teachers Pay Teachers, and voila!! They learned about Paul Cezanne, viewed some of his still lifes, then made their own apple still lifes (sans the ever-present wine bottle in Cezanne paintings). I am amazed!!

No comments:

Post a Comment