Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Backtracking: Lilac Festival

So, I am finally catching up on past events! The weekend before my Sagebrush gig, I was in charge of the PMLC Lilac Festival booth. This is the booth and three of my wonderful friends who helped run it.



   The kids did the traditional May Pole dance...
   We sold a variety of items to raise money for the school, including pinecone wreaths I made, and fantastic flag art the students made. We have a wonderful parent volunteer who taught art to the kids, and came up with this project. The patriotic art sold like hotcakes, and the head of the business association purchased 19!
   We had a faux jail, so the students could get 'bailed out.' The stilt walkers had fun surprising the kids inside!
   It was a great weekend. I worked the entire event, but had so much fun. I got to know some new moms, and got to sneak away a few times. There were great vendors, and even our friend's band played. AND, we raised about $1100 for the school!

No comments:

Post a Comment