Sunday, January 30, 2011

Bon Appetit in the Mountains


    Fajita Friday is my favorite night at La Sierra in Frazier Park (also home to 'Taco Tuesday;' $1 tacos). Look how yummy, with rice, beans & tortillas, for only $8.95...


    It has also become a Friday tradition for the monkey & I to go to Mountain Mercantile for a treat, when he gets 100% on his spelling test (missed this past Friday, as it was pajama day at school, & he didn't want to be out in his 'jammies').      Alice, the wonderful owner, treated us to a slice of homemade cake last time we were there, to go with the monkey's ice cream.  I unfortunately, didn't photograph my amazing, from scratch, clam chowder and bread. I had to buy a loaf of the bread to take home....
    Watch for my March Michi's Magic Bookshelf storytime and craft at Mountain Mercantile. Alice is planning to give each participant a free scoop of ice cream! Speaking of which, my February craft is going to be at Chatterpillar, February 12, from 1-3 p.m. We are going to read Froggy's First Kiss, and I'll Always Love You, and make valentines. Participating children will also receive a certificate they can redeem (that day only) at Dragonfly's Garden, for a free single-stemmed flower.

No comments:

Post a Comment